Thursday, December 10, 2009

Parenting :)

*** A story from my daughter was 6 or 7 years old! ***


One morning when I woke my daughter up for school, she was particularly morning grumpy. I told her to go to the bathroom. When she finally got around to it she crawled out of bed, and dragged herself by the arms with her legs just hanging behind her, put her clothes on, and crawled downstairs in the same way. I, kinda irritated, asked her why she was acting like this and she answered; she was so tired and she had become paralyzed in the legs during the night!
I tried to just ignore her and her games, stressed as I was to get them all ready for school and kindergarten, and for me to get to work in time. She kept up appearances all the way until we were going out to the car, then I nearly lost it – telling her to stop fooling and get herself up and out to the car!
She looked at me for a couple of seconds, still lying on the floor, and she said; “Come down here, I gotta tell you something” I squat down and she whispered “Mum - I’m not really paralyzed you know, I can walk, it’s just that I feel I get to little attention these days!” !!!!!


I must say I really had a hard time keeping myself from bursting out of laughter. She stood up, and walked straight out to the car without mention any other word of it. ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment